SSH / SFTP from one machine to another

H.S. hs.samix at gmail.com
Wed Jan 21 18:33:13 UTC 2009

Pete Clapham wrote:
> Hi, all --
>
> Can anybody tell me the syntax by which I would SFTP (or FTP) a complete
> file hierarchy from one Ubuntu machine to another?
>
> Thanks

You have been give a few solutions, here is a GUI one. In Gnome you can
connect to a network from Places menu and see the remote machine's
folders and files in a Nautilus window. You can then drag/drop files
between your local and remote machines via the GUI. One can do similar
think in Konqueror by going by browsing to fish://username@remote.machine.

I personally use scp and rsync and have used the GUI methods a few times.

Regards.

ever having been read.