And another Ubuntu convert!

Derek Broughton derek at pointerstop.ca
Wed Jan 21 16:25:33 UTC 2009

Bart Silverstrim wrote:

> Mihamina Rakotomandimby (R12y) wrote:
>> Gilles Gravier wrote:
>>> I love it when people like what they get with Ubuntu!
>>
>> Amen!
>> There should be a "ubuntu stories" somewhere on the official website ;-)
>> (Anyway, technically impossible because of spam and lies risks...)
>
> What of the stories that p$#$ on the parade, so to speak, like the story
> I saw for the non-tech folk about a girl "forced to drop out of college"
> because of Ubuntu on a Dell?

You'd need a bit more of that story, but as one who works on a helpdesk for
University computer users, my experience is that practically every time
somebody claims to be "forced to drop out" because of the computer system,
it's an excuse for not having made much of an attempt in the first place.
And my university encourages Linux.