Can we turn ON encryption in Transmission?

Edgars Šmits ed.smits at gmail.com
Wed Jan 21 16:19:58 UTC 2009

Gilles:

Thanks for the reply. I saw that on the Transmission site, but what
didn't make sense to me is that when I looked at the details for a
torrent download in Transmission just before I emailed the list I had
6 or 7 peers with a lock next to their streams, and nothing was coming
in, and when you held the mouse over the peer it said "We would
download from this connection if they would let us, encrypted
connection"

I just checked again, and I now have 5 "locked" peers, all downloading
to me, and the details says they are encrypted. I also have 2 locked
peers with nothing coming in, and the details says as above - "if they
would let us".

It looks Transmission does have encryption always turned on.

Cheers, another mystery solved

ED