Adding to the front of a line

Brian McKee brian.mckee at gmail.com
Wed Jan 21 15:36:18 UTC 2009

On Tue, Jan 20, 2009 at 12:12 AM, Ray Parrish <crp at cmc.net> wrote:
> Ray Parrish wrote:
> LOL! Well, I should have came back to my email sooner, and read all of
> these excellent replies, it would have saved me a lot of head
> scratching! Thanks for the tips on different methods of accomplishing
> this task.

I couldn't resist adding my first thought.  Type as shown - case
matters! - white space only there for readability...

  vi sites.txt <return> Control-v G I 127.0.0.1 <space> <Esc> :wq <return>

I think I win for fewest keystrokes - and you can see what you're
doing as an added bonus :-)

Brian
</VI RULES fanboy section>