skype for Linux UBUNTU

H.S. hs.samix at gmail.com
Tue Jan 20 22:25:18 UTC 2009

Mario Vukelic wrote:
> On Tue, 2009-01-20 at 23:04 +0100, Mario Vukelic wrote:
>> Gdebi however, which is the GUI default, does make
>> such a check as I wrote in my other reply.
>
> Not only check (which dpkg does too), but actually resolve.

Yes, this is correct. dpkg does check for them, but it does not install
the needed ones while apt and aptitude do. Since you say Gdebi does too,
it looks interesting.

 gdebi lets you install local deb packages resolving and installing
 its dependencies. apt does the same, but only for remote (http, ftp)
 located packages.
 .
 It has a graphical user interface but can be used in your terminal."

ever having been read.