W7 vs Ubuntu (Was: replacement for VLC: I dont want Qt)

Cybe R. Wizard cybe_r_wizard at earthlink.net
Tue Jan 20 15:55:22 UTC 2009

Derek Broughton <derek at pointerstop.ca>  said:
> Cybe R. Wizard wrote:
>
> > Scott <sclewin at sgaming.ca>  said:
> >> And what do you think the chances are W7 will be released as open
> >> source :).
> >
> > Somewhere between zero and none.
> >
> > I still believe M$'s most likely chance to survive in the long run
> > is to start making a nice proprietary WinDE to run on Linux.
>
> I'm surprised I've never come across that suggestion before.  I hope
> when they come to their senses they give you your proper royalty for
> the idea :-)

In view of your hope I'd just like to say that the above is /NOT/ just
my $0.02 worth  and I am in no way suggesting that Microsoft does not
owe me (large sums of) money for my idea!

Cybe R. Wizard -(wishing, hoping, thinking, praying, planning, dreaming)
--
Nice computers don't go down.
	Larry Niven, Steven Barnes