W7 vs Ubuntu (Was: replacement for VLC: I dont want Qt)

Knapp magick.crow at gmail.com
Mon Jan 19 16:47:54 UTC 2009

On Mon, Jan 19, 2009 at 2:44 PM, Mihamina Rakotomandimby (R12y)
<mihamina at lab.vectoris.fr> wrote:

> Karl F. Larsen wrote:
> >     As for Windows 7, I hope Micro$oft has a winner. They have produced
> > real bad software for many years now, since Windows XP. I have Vista and
> > it is a real bum!
>
> Many good things are said about W7.
> A daily bleeding edge comparison between W7 and nearly released Ubuntus
> would be good.
>
> With an equivalent list of software installed.

And amount of cash payed of each bit! The hardware it runs on. The
speed of it and how well it addresses what the users REALLY wants. A
list of options and user's choices. We can start with a test of each
on my PIII just to see which is more flexible.

BTW there has been a rash of subtle email attacks against Linux of
late. It is very possible that this is a payed writer. The other
attacks also come apparently from India.

Toxic Sludge is Good For You: Lies, Damn Lies and the Public Relations Industry

Read this book. You can get it used for under 3$ USD.
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/1567510604/ref=ord_cart_shr?_encoding=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&v=glance

If I am wrong and you are just a normal unpayed Windows troll then I
am sorry about saying you are a pro.

--
Douglas E Knapp

Amazon Gift Cards; let them choose!!