Thunderbird and Lightning

Peter Hillier-Brook phb at hbsys.plus.com
Sat Jan 17 22:51:45 UTC 2009

I've been enjoying Ubuntu 8.10 in the AMD64 flavour for a while and I'm
very pleased with the facility to use most of the features of my
printers, which has been a show stopper with Debian and derivatives in
the past.

However I've hit a stop when trying to integrate Lightning with
Thunderbird for mail and calendar. Apparently a 64 bit version of
Lightning is required and doesn't exist (yet??).

Before I retreat to the i386 Ubuntu build, does anyone know of a
solution that would allow me to stick with 64 bits?

Thanks for any input.

Peter HB