Should I downgrade to Ubuntu 8.04 from 8.10?

Glenn Holmer gholmer at ameritech.net
Wed Jan 14 10:51:08 UTC 2009

On Sun, 2009-01-11 at 17:24 -0800, Samuel Rohde wrote:
> Ever since I upgraded to Ubuntu 8.10 from 8.04 I have had nothing but
> problems. Is 8.10 worth it? What should I do? What is your experience?

I had a lot of trouble with 8.10 on several machines and downgraded all
but one to 8.04.  Although I'm committed to Ubuntu, I have no love for
Ibex: I've only had to downgrade a distro this way once or twice before
in 13 years of using Linux.

--
"After the vintage season came the aftermath - and Cenbe."
Glenn Holmer  (Q-Link: ShadowM)  http://www.lyonlabs.org