SSH hacked?

Anthony M. Rasat anthony.rasat at gmail.com
Wed Jan 14 00:15:15 UTC 2009

Ioannis Vranos wrote:
>1. We pick a text:
>
>   "Ubuntu will always be free of charge".
>

>2. We use the first letter of each word to generate the password:
>
>Password: "Uwabfoc"
>
>We could use the first two letters of each word:
>
>Password: "Ubwialbefrofch".

My god, so much effort to protect ourselves from SSH Brute Force attack.

Why not using fail2ban (http://fail2ban.sourceforge.net)?

I've been using it for more than a couple of years, it works flawlessly for my servers.

--

Regards,

Anthony M. Rasat
Manager - Technical, Network and Support Division
PT. Jawa Pos National Network
Graha Pena Jawa Pos Group Building, 5th floor
Jln. Raya Kebayoran Lama 12, Jakarta Selatan 12210
Indonesia.-
Phone 02132185562
Phone 081574217035
Fax 02153651465