GNOME terminal profiles

Edward Ludlow eludlow at btinternet.com
Tue Jan 13 17:23:25 UTC 2009

I've just upgraded to a new PC and have pretty much got my Ubuntu
install to my liking.

However, I can't work out how to export my Terminal profiles (running
under GNOME) to the new machine, so I can have all my colours, tab
settings etc the same on the new machine as they were on the old.  I've
tried coping the /~/.gnome2 folder from old install, but no luck.

As a last resort I can change all the settings manually, but:
a) I'm lazy
and
b) would actually like to know where the profiles are stored.

Many thanks,
Ed Ludlow