SSH hacked?

Knapp magick.crow at gmail.com
Mon Jan 12 21:49:57 UTC 2009

Today I was sitting next to my computer and I could hear the HD going on and
on, like I was doing a torrent or something. I was not doing anything, so I
looked to see what was running in the background. Nothing like that was.
Then I looked at my firewall and saw one connection that was uploading to my
computer with ssh. At this point firestarted crashed so I could not copy
down the senders address but it was odd and ended in www.?????????????.NL

I have about 4 people that can use SSH with my computer and the whole system
is set for using only gpg type passwords. So my questions are; How can I
find out what was uploaded? How could I have been hacked? And, how can I
stop it from happing again? For now the ssh port is closed. This is not a
problem because it is only used about one time a quarter.
Thanks!

--
Douglas E Knapp

Amazon Gift Cards; let them choose!!