Getting dvd to play

Linda haniganwork at earthlink.net
Mon Jan 12 02:49:20 UTC 2009

norman wrote:
> < snip >
>

>> Yes  I installed libdvdcss2  I tried again just in case but it shows
>> libdvdcss2 is already the newest version.
>> Any other ideas?
>>

> Just a thought, have you set 'regionset' for your region? I live in the
> UK so my region is 2.
>
> Norman

I started looking into how to do regionset and it talks about /dev/dvd
my computer currently has no /dev/dvd  The output from xine shows it
uses /dev/sdc0 mounted as /media/cdrom0 could this be contributing to my
problem? How would I create /dev/dvd if I need it?  If I do not need to
create /dev/dvd should I give regionset /dev/scd0 as the path to the DVD
device?
                          Linda