FlashPlayer reinstalling

Nigel Henry cave.dnb2m97pp at aliceadsl.fr
Sun Jan 11 20:44:14 UTC 2009

On Sunday 11 January 2009 18:13, Chaman Singh Verma wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 11, 2009 at 8:22 PM, Jonas Pedersen <jonas at chown.dk> wrote:
> > Chaman Singh Verma wrote:
> > > Can someone help so that I can reuse flash ?
> >
> > It should be enough to have nspluginwrapper and flashplugin-nonfree
> > installed - assuming you are using Firefox. You dan install both
> > packages with "sudo apt-get install nspluginwrapper flashplugin-nonfree
> > " from a terminal or just search for the packages using your favourite
> > GUI client.
> >

> > --
> > Jonas Pedersen - jonas - at - jope.eu / http://chown.dk
> > Online picture gallery at http://pictureshow.dk
> >
> > --
>
> Hi,
>
> I still get the following message from You Tube ( for example )
>
> Hello, you either have JavaScript turned off or an old version of Adobe's
> Flash Player. Get the latest Flash
> player<http://www.adobe.com/go/getflashplayer/>.
>

> csv

Hi Chaman.

Would you try this site below for me. I've only dialup so cannot use YouTube,
but I have problems with this site, and Flashplayer 10. I have to use Gnash
to get it to work.

With Flashplayer 10, the site complains that Flash is not installed.

With Gnash, the site works ok with Firefox, and Opera, but not Konqueror (if
you are using KDE).

http://www.koalabrothers.com

It's only a site for kids, but I'm trying to find out why it won't work with
Konqueror. It does work with Konqueror on my Fedora Core 2 install, and flash
9.0 r48 though.

In your case it may be worth trying Gnash for the Youtube site, but I've seen
that Gnash has it's own problems as well.

My hardware is AMD64 processor, but all my installed distros are 32 bit (i386)

Nigel.