Audio-Visual Presentations

Allen Meyers texas.chef94 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 11 18:20:59 UTC 2009

On Sun, Jan 11, 2009 at 10:51 AM, R C Mitchell <rcm at swimbarrow.co.uk> wrote:

> I found a better solution in the end, and I've been having some fun playing
> with Smile, which generates an mpg file with the slideshow synchronised
> with
> the soundtrack.  Which is just what I wanted.
>
> I found following the instructions at
> http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=885201 very helpful for
> installation
> on Hardy (which requires tinkering with backports).  I haven't tried on
> Intrepid.  It would be nice to see Smile in the repository though.
>
> Rosie
>
> --
> CURRENTLY READING: The Enlightenment, by Norman Hampson
> Pie'n'Mushies: Barrow Day-by-Day http://pieandmushies.wordpress.com
> We all have our faults and mine is being wicked

As a side note, when I was doing HACCP training for schools and developing
PP with audio I purchased mid range mic, used audacity and the clarity is
fantastic. Be happy to share a sound bite to give you some idea.

--
Allen Meyers
texas.chef94 at gmail.com

The ability to comfortably use a computer is directly proportional to desire
to listen, learn, and experiment, and is inversely proportional to the fear,
anger, and stubbornness that you show.