usb & Sakar digital camera 75379

Patrick Newberry PNewberry at habitat.org
Sat Jan 10 14:23:01 UTC 2009

I have this cheap not worth much dollar store type  digital camera a Sakar 75379

So until I get some more cash together to get a real digital camera, I figure I'd have some fun with it and just play around.

It came with a cd that had something called photo tag express on it and I can extract photo from it (it lists the camera as dual mode on the camera select list) on a windows machine.

I then installed gtkam on my Ubuntu machine and on its camera selection list it shows a Sakar 77379 (and maybe a couple of others but that is the closest in name).  However it does not seem to be able to inititilize the camera (that is the message: cannot initialize camera).

The number of course does not match: that is the list shows  77379 rather than the actual camera 75379.

Also   gtkam shows three items in a list for USB:  that is
Universal bus (USB: )
Universal bus (USB: 004, 004)
Universal bus(USB: 002, 005)

I have no idea what the difference is, but I tried all three.

So not that this is very important, but it would be nice to know if it's possible to pull photos from this dollar store camera.

Any ideas?  Also can somebody explain the difference in the USB's listed above.

Thanks.

Pat
www.gypsyfarm.com<http://www.gypsyfarm.com>

Lo bueno de esto es lo malo que se esta poniendo.