Screen Saver

Ray Parrish crp at cmc.net
Sat Jan 10 05:52:12 UTC 2009

Rashkae wrote:
> Ray Parrish wrote:
>

>> Nice suggestion, but since I used Synaptic Package Manager to completely
>> remove gnome-screensaver, and every other screensaver related package on
>> my system, that file doesn't exist anymore. Thanks for trying to help. I
>> have rebooted after doing the removals, and for some mad reason my
>> screen still blanks after ten minutes.
>>

> Blanks, your screen blanks?  We've been going around in circles looking
> for a screensaver (let's be clear, a screensaver, at least, one that
> uses any kind of screensaver program, displays pretty graphics on your
> screen).
>
> So please, clarify, do you see a 'screensaver' or does your screen blank?

I had the screen saver interface set to use the "blank only" setting
instead of actually running a graphic screen saver. Someone else
suggested that it was actually power management doing the blanking, and
told me how to shut that off, and I already have tried that with no joy.

This is really puzzling me. I've never had software disobey me before.
It usually does exactly what you tell it to do, at least it always did
in Winbloze.

It blanks... and refuses any attempts to tell it not to. It's not really
a big problem as I'm usually to busy on it to let it get to the point
where it blanks, I'd just like to figure out why it doesn't do what it's
being told to do.

Later, Ray Parrish

Trouble shooting and Fixing Windows