Screen Saver

Jim Smith jim at oz.net
Sat Jan 10 03:22:56 UTC 2009

Ray Parrish wrote:
> steve wrote:
>
>> Ray Parrish wrote:

>>> It didn't, the damn thing still works, even 'though I removed
>>> gnome-screensaver with Synaptic. So... just how the hell do you get rid
>>> of the screen saver in Ubuntu?
>>>
>>> The thing that really irks me is that I never turned it on in the first
>>> place, all I did was review the available screen savers, and now it will
>>> NOT shut off.
>>>
>>> Later, Ray
>>>

>> im going to assume you tried this already, but here it is anyway....
>> system> preferences> uncheck "activate screensaver when idle"
>> i hate screensavers too, and its always worked for me. good luck.
>>

> If you want to help, at least read the thread first... That setting has
> never been set to anything else. I never turned it on in the first
> place, all I did was open the Screen Saver dialog and preview the screen
> savers to see which are available. To try to get it to stop, I have even
> un-installed the package gnome-screensaver, and it still won't go away...

No one has asked this, so I will. Do you perchance have kscreensaver
installed? If you have installed any KDE components such as K3B or
Kstars you will also have installed other KDE core components to provide
the supporting libraries. I have heard that kscreensaver can be
installed with them. A vexing problem, I know, lets hope you can solve it.

Jim

--
Its only a hobby, only a hobby, only a hobby, only a ho............