Audio-Visual Presentations

Josh Holland jshholland at googlemail.com
Fri Jan 9 10:44:54 UTC 2009

On Fri, 2009-01-09 at 10:28 +0000, R C Mitchell wrote:
> Does anybody have any experience in setting up a digital slide show with
> musical accompaniment under Ubuntu?  What would be the best tools to use?  I
> would like to build presentations to show to the local camera club, who have
> plenty of advice on Windows tools but look blankly when I mention Linux!
>
> I'm currently using Hardy for day-to-day use but I have Intrepid on tap if
> it's needed (I'm waiting for KDE4 to be fit for purpose!)
>
> Rosie

OO.o Impress is intended as a drop-in replacement for MS PowerPoint.
It's not bad, but don't try saving as a .ppt - it doesn't really work
(at least not for me).

--
Josh Holland aka madmartian
Find me on #ubuntu-uk

My system: Dell Inspiron 1300 with fully up-to-date Intrepid
Intel Celeron M 1.70 GHz, 512 MB