Ubuntu and Black Berry

Hal Burgiss hal at burgiss.net
Tue Jan 6 23:04:29 UTC 2009

On Tue, Jan 06, 2009 at 12:29:54PM -0700, John Hubbard wrote:

> 3) Any other notes or things that I should watch out for?

Just some general notes involving a 8700 on 8.04. I've hooked it into
3 8.04 sytems, and had USB problems on all 3. On one system it killed
the USB keyboard and mouse :/

I added:

 blacklist ehci_hcd

to /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist, which seemed to have solved the problem
on 2 of the systems (though there may be other ramifications). And
this may say more about my hardware than anything else (not too old,
Intel MB's). FYI. I don't reboot often enough to know if this is
something the BB caused, or it was the recipient of something else
that messed up. As someone suggested, it might be a BB firmware issue
too. So who knows?

I have installed the Barry project stuff and use it to up the charge
amps, which works (but see above). I was going to try sync, but did
not get that far. I use mutt mostly for mail, so I didn't know how
much pain that might be. In any case, I don't need the sync. I have my
important mail pushed to the BB, which takes care of me mostly.

--
Hal