Dual Core and 32/64

hermanaa hermanaa at gmail.com
Mon Jan 5 22:10:19 UTC 2009

On Mon, 2009-01-05 at 07:11 -0700, Charlie Kravetz wrote:
> On Mon, 05 Jan 2009 11:49:17 +0100
> Gregor GrĂ¼ner <Gregor18 at web.de> wrote:
>
> > Hi Herman,
> >
> > i know this from other Linux Distri. that you can only do an "uprade"
> > to the nearest version. In your situation is this the version 6.10
> > Edgy.
> >

> > best regards
> > Gregor Gruener
>
> Please bottom post. Your advice is incorrect. In Ubuntu you can upgrade
> 6.06 to 8.04 direct. They are both LTS versions.

My efforts are all DIRECT-INSTALL FROM UBUNTU-INSTALL CDs.

I did not upgrade from an earlier version (I was warned by a
 good friend not to do that)
Sorry for not being more specific on the method of upgrading.

TOP-posting: (please dont !)
We read from top-to-bottom ..... not the other way around.

Herman in PHL.
--
Herman.
== as a Linux friend wrote:
I've discovered the key to success is to never give up.  You either
learn the right way, or you run out of ways to do it wrong.  A win/win
situation!