where to set cpufreq governor default value

Rashkae ubuntu at tigershaunt.com
Sun Jan 4 02:13:48 UTC 2009

Francisco Borges wrote:
> Hello,
>
> There has been a discussion about CPU frequency governors.
>
> Could anyone tell me where in /etc I could configure the system
> default CPU governor?
>
> Kind regards,

Unfortunately, it's not so simple.

In my Gutsy system, the configuration of CPU frequency scaling is
controlled by the /etc/init.d/powernowd script.

Examining this script, I see that "ondemand" is hard coded in this
script.  If you are expert user, then you can customize this to your
preference.  Otherwise, you can use the GUI applet that Ubuntu installs
by default on your Gnome desktop to control cpu scaling.

If you want to experiment with this, I would also suggest reading the
cpu-freq/user-guide.txt in the Linux Source Documentation.