SQL-Ledger Install Ubuntu 7.10

Niels Kierulf k.niels at gmail.com
Fri Jan 2 21:51:03 UTC 2009

Hi,

I have installed the sql-ledger packages via synaptic package manager but am
at a loss as to how to actually run the program.

I have also attempted installation via the  tar file download from
sq-ledger.com and the installation instructions in the read me file, and got
stuck at the third step, as the instructions assume a lot of terminal
knowledge that I obviously don't have.

Is there anyone who can direct me to a step by step tutorial for non-experts
or provide me with one here?

I have heard many great things about sql-ledger and would love to try it out
and have one less reason to return to the proprietary world.

Thanks and Happy New Year,
Newbie Niels