Can I replace xorg.conf

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at
Fri Jan 2 08:33:57 UTC 2009

2008/12/31 Doug Jernigan <jernigan.doug at>:
> There is no way to configure it in 801.  There are no tabs in the display
> window to configure.  You are set at 800X600.  There is no administrator
> mode!

I use KDE, not Gnome, so I cannot walk through the Gnome menus.
However, I suggest that you post a thread titled "How does one change
screen resolution" and include the dimensions that you have, the
dimensions that you would like, which video hardware and video driver
you are using. Also mention the things that you tried here.

I find it easier to ask "how do I do X (what I want to accomplish)"
rather than "how do I do Y (technical detail that does not describe
what my end goal is)" on the Ubuntu list, which I know is the exact
opposite of what one would expect from the Gentoo, Slack, and other
macho distros.

Dotan Cohen


More information about the ubuntu-users mailing list