Serial Port Terminal Program

Vincent Trouilliez vincent.trouilliez at modulonet.fr
Sat Feb 28 20:42:35 UTC 2009

Christopher Biessener <christopherpb at voomtech.com> wrote:

> I also prefer the simplicity of GtkTerm, but I absolutely need the
> ability to log the session.  So when I searched Synaptic for "serial
> terminal" I got only 15 hits and the only other terminal program I found
> which seemed reasonable was CuteCom.  Yes, the UI is extremely clumsy
> but it logs and it gets the job done.

I have just got tound to testing Cutecom !

Boy, it's a clone of Gtkterm except it doesn't have any of the bugs !
Works like a charm and demonstrated that the corrupted data I saw with
Gtkterm was inded due to Gtkterm and not at all the hardware I am
developping !!
The logging feature is great too.

So a HUGE thank you Christopher, for letting me/us know of the existence
of Cutecom, it's a truly great program !

Thanks again !

--
Vince, in heaven...