Intrepid: Keyboard/nouse won't respond till gdm restart

Andy stude.list at googlemail.com
Sat Feb 28 19:35:30 UTC 2009

Hi all

just "upgraded" to 8.10 and now when my system starts the keyboard and
mouse don't work on the login screen.
Ctrl-Alt-F1 still works and allows me to login to a console.
Executing "sudo /etc/ini.d/gdm restart" fixes the problem once GDM has
restarted. But I have to do this at every boot.

Any idea what's wrong or where I should look for debug info?

Also had a problem with the version of wpa_supplicant shipped in
Intrepid, the -w (wait for interface to start) option appears to have
been removed and is no longer working with my configuration (using
ndiswrapper) so had to recompile an older version of wpa_supplicant to
actually get WiFi working.

Andy

--
$ fortune