[OT] NTP servers - was Re: Kernel clock issue "Clocksource tsc unstable"

Kipton Moravec kip at kdream.com
Sat Feb 28 17:03:30 UTC 2009

I have one computer in my network that is the time server. It goes out
and gets time from

0.us.pool.ntp.org
1.us.pool.ntp.org
2.us.pool.ntp.org
3.us.pool.ntp.org

Everyone else gets the time from my local time server. That includes the
windows computers.

So if the external network fails everything degrades together with my
network time server.

I am looking to hook up a GPS to the network time server. There is a way
to do it with the serial port, if your computer still has one. :)

Unfortunately I have FiOs with a dynamic IP address, otherwise I would
also serve time to the ntp.org pool. It is not much load on your network
or server. If you have a static IP address and a fast line, go for it.

--

Kipton Moravec AE5IB .- . ..... .. -...
Four Way Test