asking

Craig Huffstetler craig.huffstetler at gmail.com
Sat Feb 28 16:07:55 UTC 2009

> On Sat, Feb 28, 2009 at 3:34 PM, Saurabh Singh <d_8416 at yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> hhhhhhi sir I hav eritten Ubuntu 8. on cd but it not getting installed.what
> error have I committed .please tell me .

Is the file you downloaded free of errors? Are you receiving an error when
you boot-up from the CD that does not allow you to boot from the CD/DVD or
continue with the install? If so, please tell us specifically what the error
message is.

First, check the file to make sure it is error free. If not re-download the
file. To check the file please see the following:
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/HowToMD5SUM or
http://www.linuxfortravelers.com/check-the-ubuntu-file-for-errors
These should help you.

Now, the other fault may be in the CD. If the CD is not booting at all, or
you believe the CD has an error, you need to burn it again.

Depending on what software you burnt the DVD/CD with, you can always
"Analyze" or "Test the Disk for Errors" after you burn it. There is usually
an option in the software you are using.
http://www.cloversystems.com/Why_Test.htm

Sincerely,

Craig