Dreamweaver Equiv

Robert Parker rlp1938 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 27 04:11:16 UTC 2009

On Thu, Feb 26, 2009 at 1:14 AM, Vincent Trouilliez
<vincent.trouilliez at modulonet.fr> wrote:
> On Thu, 26 Feb 2009 16:13:12 +0700
> Robert Parker <rlp1938 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Vince,
>> Do you seriously think that Microsoft are not paying Adobe
>> $mega-millions to avoid doing that?
>
> Dunno, never thought about it. I don't think they do though, otherwise
> I assume they would also pay Adobe not to make the effort they do, to
> port their "rich internet application" platform, directly competing
> with the Microfoft's one, to Linux.
> I think that if Microsoft really wanted to keep Adobe from releasing
> their software for Linux, they would do as they always do: simply
> buy/acquire Adobe (or at lest a blocking share) in order to have
> complete control over strategic decisions...

It does go on. I have seen a guestimate that the bribe price for ram
rodding Microsoft OOXML thru the ISO approvals process amounted to
around a billion. Intel had paid Dell millions for making their server
boxes IA32 and IA64 running Linux. I guess Intel wanted to gain a
reputation for reliability in the server field which necessarily meant
not putting Windows on those boxes. Quietly bribing Adobe can go on
without coming to the attention of anti trust regulators whereas a
buyout just might get some adverse attention. Just a guess.

Bob
--
In a world without walls who needs Windows (or Gates)? Try Linux instead!