Dreamweaver Equiv

Robert Parker rlp1938 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 26 09:13:12 UTC 2009

On Wed, Feb 25, 2009 at 6:01 PM, Vincent Trouilliez
<vincent.trouilliez at modulonet.fr> wrote:
> On Wed, 25 Feb 2009 03:45:16 +0100
> Florian Diesch <diesch at spamfence.net> wrote:
>
> I wasn't saying Adobe should release Dreamweaver under GPL !
> I was "only" hoping they would port it to Linux, but obviously remain a
> closed-source and must-be-paid-for application !
> At least it would let people use DW under Linux natively, so one would
> not have to run it into a virtual machine (which requires a powerful
> machine), nor have to pay for a Windows license to run in the virtual
> machine !

Vince,
Do you seriously think that Microsoft are not paying Adobe
$mega-millions to avoid doing that?

If all of the various "must have" applications were ported to Linux,
Windows could not be given away for free.

People buy tool kits not operating systems.

Bob Parker
--
In a world without walls who needs Windows (or Gates)? Try Linux instead!