[OT] Why do people detest top posting so much?

Cybe R. Wizard cybe_r_wizard at earthlink.net
Thu Feb 26 01:49:21 UTC 2009

Lorenzo, you said that:
> The only time quoting makes sense to
> me is if I am responding to multiple points in a previous post. Then
> I do quote in the natural flow. I usually do this not when
> specifically answering a question, but when responding to someone's
> response. I put a very simple attribution, usually edited way down
> from Thunderbird's rather lengthy line of cruft, followed by *only*
> the specific point I respond to first, copied and pasted in from the
> mail that I still have open, and then I quote *only* the relevant
> part of the second point followed by my response, and soforth.

...and I agree that this makes the most sense of any of the ways of
responding that I have seen,  If one has a good command of the language
then it is surely the most efficient way of response and I will endeavor
to do so in my own responses in the future.
That said, many here don't have a good command of English and do the
best that they can.  Others may have English as a milk tongue and still
not have a good command of it and may be excused for not being able to
do the paraphrasing as we would like.  These must be forgiven and
instructed in the proper techniques of snipping and posting only below
the relevant parts.
Thank you for injecting a new (to me) method of response!

Cybe R. Wizard
--
Nice computers don't go down.
	Larry Niven, Steven Barnes