Ubuntu 8.10

Manish Sinha manishsinha27 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 19 08:37:31 UTC 2009

Rob wrote:
> Finally, does anyone know how to get sound working in 8.10?  From what I
> read, this seems to be a problem for a number of folks,  I'd hate to
> have to revert to 8.04 but I do need sound.

Can you explain what problem you are actually facing with sound?
The sound wasn't working right from beginning or it dies off somewhere
when working?

Have you checked to see that all the required channels are unmuted and
volume is at appropriate level. Type alsamixer in the command-line and
unmute the required channels (My method)

Regards,
Manish