Dreamweaver Equiv

Vincent Trouilliez vincent.trouilliez at modulonet.fr
Tue Feb 24 21:52:31 UTC 2009

> Is anyone using an html program like dreamweaver except for Quanta?

they aren't that many WYSIWYG editors around.

There is Nvu : http://nvu.com/

and... and that's it.

As you will see in the above link, Nvu hasn't been updated in a long
while, so the "kompozer" project got hold of Nvu and fixed some of its
bugs. That said, even Kompozer is now stagnating like Nvu did. It's
latest release appear to be 18 months old...

I used to use Dreamweaver on Windows, then I switched to Linux and
therefore Nvu/Kompozer. Sadly I found Nvu/Kompozer to be very far rom
Dreamweaver to be a serious match, so I stopped working on my website
as a consequence. If get some motivation to work on my site again, one
day, I would not waste my time and sweat on Nvu, I would simply run
Dreamweaver in a WinXP Virtual machine under Linux (thank god for cheap
RAM and cheap dual-core processors !).

IIRC Adobe bought Macromedia. So since Adobe appears to notice the
existence of Linux, and shows some interest in it... well I hope maybe
they will decide to port Dreamweaver to Linux.

HTH

--
Vince