Why do people detest top posting so much?

Bart Silverstrim bsilver at chrononomicon.com
Tue Feb 24 16:31:20 UTC 2009

M. Fioretti wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 24, 2009 10:46:23 AM -0500, Bart Silverstrim wrote:
>
>> I've heard that Rez refuses to help people he dubs "nazi's" on the
>> list (or some variation thereof). If that's true, what's the
>> difference between that and people who don't want to take extra time
>> decoding/untangling top-posted questions?
>
> you can't possibly be serious, are you? (just to know if it's time to
> ignore this whole thread from now on)

We all probably should have ignored it before now. But my question was,
if his point is that people who arbitrarily come up with some petty rule
by which to judge whether or not to ignore a posting for help are
foolish or in some other way deficient in character because of that
personal pet peeve, then how is he different when he judges others by
his own set of standards (and then insults them with all sorts of names)
and/or starts filtering or ignoring them?

I don't see how that's not a valid question, but if you do, please feel
free to point it out.