FW: please

Nils Kassube kassube at gmx.net
Tue Feb 24 15:15:40 UTC 2009

azeddine kadi wrote:
> i'm a user of ubuntu, ubuntu is my lover. but i have some problems with
> my graphic's card, it's sis 672 series, the society does'nt want to
> release the driver for 3D. i found the 2D driver but i realy want the
> other (3D). sis offers the driver only for the manufacterer. i'm
> waiting for your help.

I suppose you're out of luck. A friend of mine has a similar (or maybe the
same?) chipset and we tried to get the driver via the manufacturer of the
machine. However that manufacturer seems to be not cooperative and
doesn't (want to) know about a Linux driver for the machine. Unless you
have a laptop I would suggest you buy a cheap Nvidia card and use the
proprietary nvidia driver.

Nils