Upgrade

Raquel raquel at thericehouse.net
Tue Feb 24 14:59:57 UTC 2009

On Tue, 24 Feb 2009 10:01:37 -0400
Derek Broughton <derek at pointerstop.ca> wrote:

> > I know we have discussed this before, and didn't we come to the
> > conclusion that is is possible but if you have to ask it is not
> > for you? :)
>
> Probably.  It's certainly not for the faint of heart.  And I seem
> to have forgotten to mention backups :-)

Asking the question doesn't mean I'm faint of heart.  Ten years ago I
dumped NT3.51 because I didn't want to go to the more graphical NT4.
I went directly to RedHat 3.$something and then 3 years later to
Debian.  My servers run stable, moving them a couple of months after
stable's release.  Of course, backups are done daily as a matter of
course.

--
Raquel
http://www.byraquel.com