Why do people detest top posting so much?

M. Fioretti mfioretti at nexaima.net
Tue Feb 24 06:57:42 UTC 2009

On Mon, Feb 23, 2009 19:58:08 PM +0100, Markus Schönhaber wrote:

> To put it another way: full quotes are (with very, very few
> exceptions) brain- dead. And there's no point in arguing how to make
> this brain-deadness a little less painful to suffer.

Markus,

thanks for this and the paragraph below, they're excellent summaries
of why and how post properly on any mailing list.

> In my experience, the most knowledgeable people on technical lists
> will not read only the ONE list but many. They may get hundreds or
> even thousands of list mails each day. It should be clear that they
> don't have the time to read every single post but to select what
> they read and what the do *not* read.  Making your post hard to read
> is a verly good means to make sure it's going to be ignored [no
> matter how you make it hard to read]

Had I found this message earlier, I'd have saved the time to post a
very similar one...
				Marco Fioretti
				http://mfioretti.net
software is used *around* you:            http://digifreedom.net/node/84