Unable to install

David hambly at tiscali.co.uk
Mon Feb 23 22:27:06 UTC 2009

I have been able to run ubuntu from CD succesfully on my laptop. I want to install as dual boot on my desktop a Dell 520s. From CD I select try ubuntu without making changes to my computer. The orange bar goes from side to side then from left to right loading. Just before the completion and error message flashes on screen too fast to read properly. I have filmed this with video camera and downloaded to Adobe Premier but the message only occupies two frames and is very blurred. It says firmware file ***/***.fg not found. I can also read Linuxwireless.org/??/users latest firmware version ??  It works on my older laptop running Windows XP but not on my new Dell desktop running Vista. Please can anyone help.
Thank you