Why do people detest top posting so much?

Raquel raquel at thericehouse.net
Mon Feb 23 20:36:57 UTC 2009

On Mon, 23 Feb 2009 14:50:28 -0400
Derek Broughton <derek at pointerstop.ca> wrote:

> That's where the problem always occurs.  We get into a conversation
> like this - then somebody comes along and throws in a response at
> the top.  I want to respond to a point made both by that person and
> an earlier poster - where do I put it?
>
> My usual response then is to dig back through the thread to the
> earlier post, respond to that and completely ignore the top
> poster.  The odd time that what the top-poster had to say is
> important enough to respond to, I'll ask them to please not
> top-post, before responding inline - but we've now made the thread
> completely incoherent.
> --

Every "society" has rules and the rules often become more complex
as the number of people in the "society" grows, like driving on the
wrong side of the road. Why can't people just accept that no top
posting is allowed here and go on with their lives?

--
Raquel
http://www.byraquel.com

  --Greg Brown, "The Poet Game"