md5sum from nautilus

sam tygier samtygier at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Feb 23 16:40:18 UTC 2009

Fajar Priyanto wrote:
> Hi,
> Is there any nautilus extension that allow us to do md5sum?
> It would be nice to be able to do that from nautilus.
> Thank you.

I can imagine 2 neat ways for this to work.

put it in the file properties dialog. it may be best for there to be a calculate checksum button, as it is a disk/cpu intensive task for a big file.

a small application that can be run when double clicking on a *.md5 file that does the check and reports a in a window.

then nautilus context menu would be huge if every useful feature were put into it (open terminal, edit as root, create archive, checksum, send to, rotate image, encrypt ...).

sam