installing transmission on a server

Alain Muls alain.muls at telenet.be
Sun Feb 22 12:05:43 UTC 2009

On Saturday 21 February 2009 17:11:04 ubuntu-users-request at lists.ubuntu.com
wrote:
> > On Sat, Feb 21, 2009 at 9:56 AM, Brian McKee <brian.mckee at gmail.com>
wrote:
> >> On Fri, Feb 20, 2009 at 4:53 PM, Alain Muls <alain.muls at telenet.be>
> >> wrote:
> >>

> >> I also get that same download php issue :-(
> >> I'll poke at this some more after I get my server updated and other
> >> stuff out of the way.  Let me know if you get a solution!
> >
> > Run 'sudo a2enmod php5' on the server to enable php.
> > Then restart apache 'sudo /etc/init.d/apache2 force-reload'
>
> OK - now you tell me how the heck I set the preferences !  That's not
> working for me :-(
>
> Brian

Hi Brian

I decided to restart on my server and I removed everything I tried to install
that day:

sudo apt-get remove --purge apache2 apache2-doc mysql-server php5 libapache2-
mod-php5 php5-mysql

Then today I installed transmission-cli and clutch, loaded up
http://server/clutch and everything is working. I am downloading from firefox
on my laptop to the server. I really do _not_ know whet I did differently with
regard to previous install.

Hope it will also work out for you.

bye/Alain

Alain MULS                                 alain.muls at telenet.be
CISS-GENA                                           +32.2.7426340
Renaissance Avenue 30
1000 BRUSSELS - Belgium
Protect your freedom, join the Fellowship of FSFE!
http://www.fsfe.org