LDAP+SASL

Norberto Bensa nbensa at gmail.com
Sat Feb 21 12:58:23 UTC 2009

Hello Michael,

I've taken a second read to your slapd.conf. Nowhere you have a
sasl-host nor a sasl-realm directives declared. I use kerberos and I
can't remember if it worked without sasl-host. It doesn't hurt to add
one I guess.

I'm comparing the logs from the Linux box, and the log from the Mac.
They start to differ around line 30. I have no idea what the Mac is
doing. Could you make "loglevel trace conns filter acl". Do ldapsearch
on both machines and then send the log privately since -I guess- it's
going to huge.

I see in your first post that you are using /etc/sasl2/... what are
the permissions on that directory and files?

Regards,
Norberto