kde/qt3-problem on ubuntu 8.10 64-bit

Andreas Grassl andog at gmx.net
Fri Feb 20 21:26:35 UTC 2009

Hi,

I'm having a problem on my machine with some applications: k3b, kile, opera,
qtconfig-qt3,... They start up and freeze as soon, as I'm performing the first
actions (e.g. on opening a file the dialog comes up, but I'm not able to select
anything before freezing).

I find interesting, that other users on my system don't have this problem.

So far I tried to delete ~/.qt/ and ~/.kde/.

Furthermore I tried to completely remove libqt3-mt and all depending
applications (k3b,...) and reinstall.

I don't want to delete all config-directories from my home-directory, so has
anybody an idea, what I could try next?

Could it have to do something with the uninstallation of scim?

cheers

ando

--
 /"\