More virtualbox

Derek Broughton derek at pointerstop.ca
Sat Feb 14 00:27:43 UTC 2009

Bart Silverstrim wrote:

> Running Ubuntu 8.10, latest upgrades, and virtualbox, latest version
> installed from .deb at the virtualbox.org site.
>
> Has anyone run Ubuntu as a guest on an Ubuntu host and seen a
> "stuttering key" effect, where typing something like "http://" will
> start resulting on the VM with "httttttttttttttttttttttttttttttp://" or
> worse? Any fix for that?

Even better, I'm running Ubuntu as a guest on Windows Vista Home, and seeing
the same problem.  This wouldn't be my ideal choice of environments, but I
haven't been able to get Ubuntu to install on this new laptop (either 8.4 -
which is definitely a good CD  - or 8.10 - which might not be a clean burn:
I can't actually even run the CD test at boot time).  otoh, I occasionally
have to run Oracle, which is a phenomenal hog that can kill my stall my
whole laptop, since I was already running Ubuntu as a vm client, it seemed
like a pretty simple step to run Oracle in its own vm.  Works very nicely,
and I would never have thought of it running Ubuntu natively.  When I _do_
finally get Ubuntu installed and booting, I'll just move the Oracle vm over
there.