Loss Of Title Bar In Kontact After Upgrade To KDE 4.2

Dake K. Odzangba odzangba at gmail.com
Fri Feb 13 00:48:21 UTC 2009

Hi, I was going to try out KDE 4.2 so I followed the instructions on the
kubuntu website (added the kubuntu-experimental repo to my sources) and did a
dist-upgrade. Thing is, now kontact has no title bar; it cannot be moved or
resized. Switching to it with alt+tab causes the screen to flicker like mad.
Other apps (GNOME+KDE) don't have this problem... amarok works just fine. I'm
thinking of filing a bug report but before I do that, any ideas? Is this a
known issue? Here's what running kontact on the terminal coughs up:

>Calling appendChild() on a null node does nothing.
>Calling appendChild() on a null node does nothing.
>Calling appendChild() on a null node does nothing.
>Calling appendChild() on a null node does nothing.
>Calling appendChild() on a null node does nothing.
>Calling appendChild() on a null node does nothing.
>Calling appendChild() on a null node does nothing.
>Calling appendChild() on a null node does nothing.
>Calling appendChild() on a null node does nothing.
>kontact(20642) Sonnet::Loader::loadPlugin: Successfully loaded plugin:
> "kspell_hspell.desktop" kontact(20642) Sonnet::Loader::loadPlugin:
> Successfully loaded plugin: "kspell_enchant.desktop"

I also get stuff like this down the line:

>  SplitInfo #0 recipients: "Ubuntu user technical support, not for general
> discussions" <ubuntu-users at lists.ubuntu.com> Format info for openpgp/mime:
>  Signing keys:
>  SplitInfo #0 encryption keys:
>  SplitInfo #0 recipients: "Ubuntu user technical support, not for general
> discussions" <ubuntu-users at lists.ubuntu.com> kontact(20642)
> Sonnet::Highlighter::slotRehighlight: Highlighter::slotRehighlight() X
> Error: BadWindow (invalid Window parameter) 3
>  Major opcode: 20 (X_GetProperty)
>  Resource id:  0x821467c

Kontact version: 1.11.0

Cheers