OT Internet wars

Karl F. Larsen klarsen1 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 12 21:09:30 UTC 2009

Wade Smart wrote:
> Karl F. Larsen wrote:
>
>> Mike McGinn wrote:

>>> I have the mcginnweb.net mail hosted on Google mail and I am very happy with
>>> it. I have been using it since it was first offered. If you can register a
>>> domain, Google will host the mail for you. Best of all, no worries about ISP
>>> changes.
>>>

>>     Well I have set up k5di at zianet.com as my default email url for
>> gmail. If this works it will be easy to set up my wife's computer :-)
>>
>> karl
>>

> 20090212 1440 GMT-5
>
> zianet.com, if that is yours, you would go to the cname services for
> that url at your host and change it to google mail servers.
>
> Here is one link that talks about it:
> http://paulstamatiou.com/2006/05/18/how-to-setup-gmail-for-hosted-domains
>
> 1449
> Well I have spent almost 10 minutes looking for the page in Gmail Help
> pages and I cant find it but, I know its there.
>
> Wade

    What I did was go to gmail setup and then find the place to put your
own url and did so. It said it sent a verify message to karl at k5di.com
but it cannot work since k5di.com does not exist now. It did accept
k5di at zianet.com and now waiting to see if it works. I will go to godaddy
and re-register k5di.com again if it works.

Karl

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
	Linux User