How to start SSHD in high priority?

John Hubbard ender8282 at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 11 16:32:23 UTC 2009

howard chen wrote:
> Hey,
>
> On Wed, Feb 11, 2009 at 10:49 PM, Chan Chung Hang Christopher
> <christopher.chan at bradbury.edu.hk> wrote:
>
>> Are you sure that your login problems are due to mysql pegging cpu? It
>> could also be due to heavy disk i/o (aka swapping) and if it is,
>> changing priorities makes zero difference.
> Why? If priority is reduced => chance of using I/O also reduced

What process carries out paging? If paging is preformed by a paging
daemon, then the paging process will still bring the computer to its
knees. sshd would need to have a higher priority than the paging daemon.

--
-john

                2b || !2b
(0b10)*(0b1100010) || !(0b10)*(0b1100010)
        0b11000100 || !0b11000100
        0b11000100 || 0b00111011
               0b11111111
        255, that is the answer.