How to start SSHD in high priority?

Chan Chung Hang Christopher christopher.chan at bradbury.edu.hk
Wed Feb 11 14:49:04 UTC 2009

> Is it possible to config SSHD to start in high priority?
>
> Since sometime the mysql database server is busy... I would like to
> ssh into the server to kill some long running process...

Are you sure that your login problems are due to mysql pegging cpu? It
could also be due to heavy disk i/o (aka swapping) and if it is,
changing priorities makes zero difference.

If the problem really is mysql pegging cpu, do you have a lot of
connections? If you do, consider getting connection pooling into your
architecture if you do not already do so.