[Question #55371]: Status of bug #317195 changed to 'Invalid' in openoffice.org in ubuntu. SOLVED.

Bas Roufs basroufs at gmail.com
Wed Feb 11 09:59:31 UTC 2009

Hello Chris and everybody

> We are closing this bug report because it lacks the information we need
> to investigate the problem, as described in the previous comments.....

Recently I carried out an 'install from scratch' at a laptop, from
O.O. Writer 2.4.1., together with the rest of the Kubuntu 8.10 distro.
The first working sessions at that configuration revealed that O.O.
Writer does function properly there, including the 'Styles and
Formatting Menu'. So, I took into account that experience when fixing
the problem at the desktop - the problem reported to you via the
dossier "Bug #317195". I DID manage to solve it as follows: simply
removing and immediately reinstalling OpenOffice.org. First I removed
the existing OpenOffice configuration via a terminal command suggested
by you:
rm -rf ~/.openoffice.org ~/.openoffice.org2
Then, I gave in this command: "sudo apt-get install openoffice.org".
After giving in my root password, the rest of the re-installation
process went on smoothly. In the freshly installed O.O. Writer at the
desktop, the 'styles and formatting' menu functions perfectly well.
Probably, the problem has come into being after changing a few
settings within OO Writer via TOOLS>OPTIONS>OpenOffice
Writer>Formatting aids. But I cannot reconstruct any more which
mistake I made exactly. However it may be: it is perfectly OK for me
to close down the dossier "Bug #317195", because the problem has been
solved now anyway. The only question remaining now is: is there a way
to file the experience described above, in such a way that it can also
be useful by others who might experience the same problem?

Respectfully yours,

Bas Roufs..

--
Viaconsensus