Acwe WiFi

Chris Jeffries chris at candm.org.uk
Mon Feb 9 09:41:05 UTC 2009

I have been using Ubuntu on my Acer Aspire 1650 laptop for a while.

I noticed that if I use Windows and its on battery, the power management
uner windows turns off the Wi Fi adapter, and if I then boot Ubuntu,
Wifi is not available.

If I make sure WiFi is ON when I power down Windows, the Wifi works just
fine under Ubuntu (8.04, with updates in stalled)

I have been looking for software to control the Acer hardware under
Ubuntu, but not found it yet.

I am relying on WiFi hotspots at the moment, so I have not done a
rigorous search yet, However if anyone happens to have a pointer to a
solution already, I would love to hear.

Thanks

Chris.